DjangoBooks.com

Welcome geetar players

Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
edited January 2005 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 589
Hi all: Welcome to the Archtop Eddy Corner. First, I'd like to thank Michael Horowitz for creating this new forum on djangobooks.com. I hope you will join me in discussions of every sort under the Gypsy sun! Here are a few topic we could cover: traveling tips and insights of Samois, Amsterdam, Djangofest, etc.; what's on the minds of various players -- everything from the "state of Gypsy jazz" to "is it okay to record Nuages with a Stratocaster."; what videos are out there and how to get 'em; what bands are out there -- how to see 'em, and how to get in one; how to generate Gypsy Jazz awareness in your community; insights on gigging and equipment and setup during performances; how to record on a shoe-string; how to promo your band and products; and any host of topics that hopefully will generate discussion.

So think of it like a Gypsy Jazz talk show. I'm the host, and you're the guest. Wha'cha wanna talk about?

Comments

• ed cottoned cotton jacksonville FlNew
    just don't bring up my brief marraige to Britney Spears! Hey Eddy, I miss you and I'm happy you host the forum. My latest coup is getting Gypsy Jazz in the line up of the Florida Folk Festival! Well, that and buying a Violin. I love you man, catch up soon.-Ed
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    I caught that on the other group. The Dukes of Bio-Harzard -- what a great name! You deserve the gig just for this name. For those of you who may not know Ed Cotton, he's the master of band names and marketing ideas. One time he was working on an all Gypsy jazz CD of Beatles tunes to be named Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hot Club Band. Geez, what a mind!

Good to see you on this group!

A.E.