DjangoBooks.com

Djangoary Music Soirees - Mid-Atlantic

ThoMas/Gypsy RootsThoMas/Gypsy Roots VirginiaNew
edited January 2012 in North America Posts: 9
Djangoary has returned for a 3rd year in the Mid-Atlantic Region!! Gypsy Roots from Richmond VA kicked it off with performances in Raleigh NC as part of the First Night celebrations! Let's keep the caravan rolling!! Celebrate with Swing! (and other things!!) Join us for a festive evening of music and fun to celebrate the life and music of Jazz Manouche Guitarist, Django Reinhardt! Thomas Wakefield and Gypsy Roots will be joined by the Dallas Vietty Musette Project and the Woodshedders to present an evening of Django-Gypsy Jazz inspired tunes! This will be an incredible night of festive fun and smokin' sounds....Django style! This is our 3rd Annual Djangoary celebration at Ashland Coffee and Tea...with a jam session open to the public afterward at Ironhorse Restaurant. Another Djangoary Music Soiree concert will be taking place on the evening of the 28th of January in Roanoke Virginia at the Kirk Avenue Music Hall featuring Thomas Wakefield with Gypsy Roots and Roanoke's le Hot Club de Big Lick. For updates on other Djangoary events this month watch for postings on Facebook by Thomas Wakefield.
Conversations in Jazz, a series of guest artist duo jazz performances held every Thursday at Carytown Bistro in Richmond VA, will be dedicated solely to the Jazz Manouche and artists greatly influenced by this phenomenal style!! Conversations in Jazz start at 8:30 PM.
If you have any questions about the Djangoary Music Soirees or other Djangoary events drop me a line here, or shoot me an email to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> or Thomas Wakefield on Facebook. I'll keep you posted on the upcoming events surrounding Djangoary and Gypsy Roots in the Mid-Atlantic!

Comments

email sent.

cheers - dan
  • ThoMas/Gypsy RootsThoMas/Gypsy Roots VirginiaNew
    Also of interest in the month of Djangoary, on the 29th in Richmond VA, Paul Mehling Hot Club of San Francisco will be providing music for silent films at University of Richmond's Modlin Center.
  • KarenAnnKarenAnn Virginia✭✭
    I went to this the last two years and it is a great time. The Ashland venue is a dedicated listening room. Great acoustics. The lady who owns it ,runs the sound board the whole show. You hear every note. Not a bad seat in the house. It always sells out, so I would suggest ordering the tickets online through the website.