DjangoBooks.com

Gonzalo's rhythm wrist

fea3fea3 Selma, NS, Canada✭✭
edited December 2012 in Gypsy Rhythm Posts: 2
Because of my age and strength (heading toward old) I am still trying to decide which technique is best for me - the upstroke or Gonzalo's style, and I'm working on both. In an earlier post about Gonzalo's rhythm there was a lot of discussion and I found it all interesting. I wonder though, is the same wrist action used? I find it easier to use a slightly straighter hand when not using the upstroke and the flick up that goes with it. Or am I developing a bad habit?
Fred Anthony
Selma, NS, Canada
B0N 1T0

Comments

• seeirwinseeirwin ✭✭✭ AJL J'attendrai | AJL Orchestra
    To completely simplfy Gonzalo's approach, you can certainly do it without much wrist action (particularly on the 1 and 3). Gonzalo would certainly point out that it's the sound, rather than the mechanics that you're shooting for. Certainly, the mechanics play into the sound but, of it's solid, on top of the beat, and swinging, it would be Gonzalo-approved.
  • gracemythgracemyth New
    This is not at all a bad habit. You can always use the best way you are comfortable with.