DjangoBooks.com

V-Picks "Big Fattie"

2»

Comments

• PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    I swear you could hunt with this thing.

Lol, Ian the first image that came to mind was a boomerang. That's a pick. :D
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • Ian RossiterIan Rossiter Fort Vermilion ,Alberta ,CanadaNew
    Well, this thing really gets the strings moving, not to mention the guitar's top!! Sticks to the fingers nicely, and feels really good between the fingers. In fact, the thickness actually relaxes the whole hand.
    Practice ,Practice,EAT PRACTICE- Tommy Tedesco
    This pick coulda' also been called the "Hand Grenade"...because notes just explode outta the guitar. For a pick this big, it isn't cumbersome either, you'd almost expect it to be, but it isn't really. Now, you definately know you're holding it, that's for sure. But it dosen't take very long for it to feel quite natural.
    Anybody try one recently?
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    Yesterday I bought the Extra Large John Pearse "Fast Turtle" pick... veery nice pick and for $10.00 you also get an elegant cloth pouch, so you can lose it in style :-)
  • shegashega Colorado✭✭✭
    i have been using Wegen Trimus 500s for years, I have five or six of them, and I never thought anything would compare. I ordered a selection of V-picks from Vinnie, and I am a convert. I did not like the Big Fattie, simply due the shape, but I absolutely love the Bb and B#. The attack on the strings is remarkable, and the Wegen sounds a little thin in comparison. I will still use both picks, but I do admit that the V-pick is an excellent pick, and Vinnie is an excellent businessman to work with.

ps: they make an "unbuffed" edged version of most of their picks. I ordered one by mistake, really like it. They are cheap enough that you can order a few and try them out. After a year of playing, mine show no signs of wear.

shega
    Just ordered the Bb from Michael about an hour ago!!
    ....and it arrived yesterday!!!
    I really like the Bb so far, still a bit noisy, but it's got a really nice sound/feel.