DjangoBooks.com

The secret of Django's Bridge

2»

Comments

• Svanis1337Svanis1337 ✭✭✭
    That makes sense! Interesting. I understand what you mean. In my language there is a word for it, but no real translation to English, so I learned something new now. I guess you could say Django was only half-literate? :P
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Teddy, great point, I hadn't noticed that.
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Hi @Teddy Dupont (or anyone else), do you have any higher quality photo of 1949 Le Bourget than this one? I would like to get this photo printed to a poster, but I'm not sure that 977x1024 pixel and 446 kb will be enough to get a decent result. Thanks ...
    $ mediainfo "1949 Le Bourget High Quality Best.jpg" 
    General
    Complete name                            : 1949 Le Bourget High Quality Best.jpg
    Format                                   : JPEG
    File size                                : 446 KiB

Format                                   : JPEG
    Width                                    : 977 pixels
    Height                                   : 1 024 pixels
    Color space                              : YUV
    Chroma subsampling                       : 4:4:4
    Bit depth                                : 8 bits
    Compression mode                         : Lossy
    Stream size                              : 446 KiB (100%)

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    "It sounded like an ordinary guitar when others tried it. When Django played it, it had this wonderful tone and nobody could quite understand"

Funny how often I've heard this before... Marty Grosz said exactly the same thing about playing Eddie Lang's L-5.

And I've been told that bluegrass guitarist Tony Rice is very proud of his D-28 which once belonged to Clarence White and loves to have people try it out. But everyone quickly finds it sounds real ordinary, plus the action is way too low!

Can anybody explain this?
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."