DjangoBooks.com

Django Reinhardt: Three-Fingered Lightning

marmicmarmic New
edited March 2013 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 2
Hi all. I was watching TV this afternoon and happened to switch over to 'Django Reinhardt: Three-Fingered Lightning' which was on SBS TV in Australia. It is available to watch (or download if you have a flash video downloader) for 7 days. The link is here:

http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/22 ... -Lightning

I hope you find it interesting.

Mark

Comments

• Svanis1337Svanis1337 ✭✭✭
    "This content is currently unavailable".
  • AhabAhab GB✭✭
    The content is only available to Australian users, Shame!
  • HotTinRoofHotTinRoof Florida✭✭✭
    I have or had an IP blocker on my home laptop - will try to see if I can grab it tonight. Don't get too excited. :)
  • HotTinRoofHotTinRoof Florida✭✭✭
    Tried this morning. I can load the page without an issue but the movie doesn't look to load. May have missed the window or the page was malfunctioning. Anyway, the only video ripper I use (keepvid.com) didn't work on the page.
  • rob.cuellarirob.cuellari ✭✭✭✭
    you might want to do some searches on things called proxy servers. i used to use them a few years back when i would try to watch some korean starcraft videos that only broadcasted to koreans.
    This documentary is now on YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glaukwZ ... ata_player
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Buco, thanks for the tip. Just watched it. This is the best all-around film coverage of Django Reinhardt I've seen. AE
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    edited March 2013 Posts: 763
    Incidentally, awesome take of David Reinhardt on Anouman. Back in the days I'd never guessed he was going to be this good. I'm sure he worked a lot but I also suspect his genes are O.K. :D
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Wow, great! Thanks for the heads up!
    It's really cool to see people that played with Django reminiscent about the time they had with him and tell their memories and first hand encounters.
    Only wish it was twice as long, but I'm sure I'll watch this more then once.
    And we hear Django's voice, I never knew there was such recording.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel