DjangoBooks.com

Bireli Harmonics

BonesBones Moderator
edited April 2012 in Licks and Patterns Posts: 3,319
I'm starting to work on some harmonics and took a look at Bireli's intro to When Day Is Done (Live Jazz A Vienne).

I have not tried any harmonics yet. Does anyone have a clue as to what he is doing at around 52 sec? It's pretty hard to hear the exact pitches.

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmmujItUffs

Comments

• HotTinRoofHotTinRoof Florida✭✭✭
    Looks like he's just playing natural harmonics at a higher tempo. This is a great performance!

[Edit] you have me now on a Bireli kick. He does this same harmonic thing in the song Paris on his Django Tribute album around 1:04.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Yeah, his stuff is really cool. I just have not tried to transcribe very much of it since I've mostly just done Djangos solos.

I'll check and see if I have that one...
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Ok, here's my attempt at the tab. I can't even play it at 50% speed yet so I can't play along to check it out.

The first line is not the harmonics. It is I think like a Cm6 (Am7b5) thing (sort of) ending on the root of the D7 chord (no accompaniment but I think that would be the progression).

The second line is the harmonics (marked H).

BTW, I don't think I have the Tribute album.