DjangoBooks.com

Fapy Lafertin & Lejazz - Swing guitars & Hungaria remastered

13567

Comments

  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Posts: 589
    dBlackie wrote:
    Greetings from Fapy who as i type is driving me through the West of Wales.
    D

    Ha ha! Say hi to your chauffeur for us! AE
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    Posts: 636
    dBlackie wrote:
    Greetings from Fapy who as i type is driving me through the West of Wales.D

    Hi Dave & Fapy! Fapy, please can you tell us who are your favourite guitarists of all time and name some of your favourite albums? Enjoy Wales! thanks for all the great music...cheers Phil
  • dBlackiedBlackie New
    Posts: 27
    Phil wrote:
    dBlackie wrote:
    Greetings from Fapy who as i type is driving me through the West of Wales.D

    Hi Dave & Fapy! Fapy, please can you tell us who are your favourite guitarists of all time and name some of your favourite albums? Enjoy Wales! thanks for all the great music...cheers Phil

    Good question Phil to ease the boredom of traveling....
    Fapy's favourites.
    Django; Wes Montgomery; Paco de Lucia; Raphael Rabello; Carlos Paredes

    Dave's favourites (i know you didn't ask but it's a long journey!!)
    Charlie Christian; Freddie Green ; Albert King; Wes Montgomery; Django

    Albums? Phew who knows...
  • AhabAhab GB✭✭
    Posts: 88
    Well I know this isn't an "ask Fapy" thread, but I'd love to know. Which was the most favourite guitar he owned?

    Cheers,

    Ahab
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    Posts: 636
    Thanks Dave/Fapy - I'll check out Rabello & Paredes as I'm not familiar with them...here's a a few of my favourites for you, apart from Django & Fapy of course: Bireli, Ferret Brothers, Pat Metheny, Ralph Towner, Allan Holdsworth, John McLaughlin, John Abercromibe...

    ...PS please bring Fapy to Django Fest Northwest, near Seattle...we'll all club together to fly him out 1st Class! :D :D :D
  • dBlackiedBlackie New
    Posts: 27
    Ahab wrote:
    Well I know this isn't an "ask Fapy" thread, but I'd love to know. Which was the most favourite guitar he owned?
    Cheers,
    Ahab

    We're back on the road tomorrow after the concert tonight in London. Will ask him about the guitar but I think I know the answer.
    Dave
  • dBlackiedBlackie New
    Posts: 27
    Phil wrote:
    Thanks Dave/Fapy - I'll check out Rabello & Paredes as I'm not familiar with them...here's a a few of my favourites for you, apart from Django & Fapy of course: Bireli, Ferret Brothers, Pat Metheny, Ralph Towner, Allan Holdsworth, John McLaughlin, John Abercromibe...

    ...PS please bring Fapy to Django Fest Northwest, near Seattle...we'll all club together to fly him out 1st Class! :D :D :D

    With you on Holdsworth for sure...
    OK deal... I'll persuade Fapy to go to Seattle if I get an invite also. Don't worry about 1st class, business will do!! :-!
  • noodlenotnoodlenot ✭✭✭
    Posts: 388
    dBlackie wrote:
    Phil wrote:
    dBlackie wrote:
    Fapy's favourites.
    Django; Wes Montgomery; Paco de Lucia; Raphael Rabello; Carlos Paredes
    Carlos Paredes? Really? he´s one of my favourite musicians... buthe´s so intensely portuguese, how did Fapy got to know of him, do you by any chance know?

    thanks in advance,
    miguel.
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Posts: 1,407
    Just ordered - thanks for doing this, Dave. And for the vids as well!

    Paul
    -Paul

    pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • dBlackiedBlackie New
    Posts: 27
    Just ordered - thanks for doing this, Dave. And for the vids as well!

    Paul

    Your CD packaged up and sitting right next to me. Next post office and it's on it's way.
    D
Sign In or Register to comment.
Home  |  Forum  |  Blog  |  Contact  |  206-528-9873
The Premier Gypsy Jazz Marketplace
DjangoBooks.com
USD CAD GBP EUR AUD
USD CAD GBP EUR AUD
Banner Adverts
Sell Your Guitar
© 2020 DjangoBooks.com, all rights reserved worldwide.
Software: Kryptronic eCommerce, Copyright 1999-2020 Kryptronic, Inc. Exec Time: 0.046832 Seconds Memory Usage: 3.450798 Megabytes
Kryptronic