DjangoBooks.com

Samois 2012 - Who is Going?

Comments

• bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    Guys,
    Take your guitar!!!! I spent the second year I was there waking every day up to some of my heros looking to warm up with people. I got to play with a lot of great players then!! Way fun.
    See you all there!
    B.
  • XjaxXjax Boston
    Looks like I'll be making my first trip to Samois! I tried to make a reservation at the Samoreau camp site last week but they were full. I just tried to make a reservation at Petite Barbeau but my French was not good enough to handle the booking over Skype. I did make out an email address that I can contact.

Any idea what the cost is to stay at Le Petite Barbeau camp site? Do I just send an email with my name and address and phone and specify the nights I'll be there?

Thanks for any help you folks can provide.
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    spiro wrote:
    just dont know yet wheather to take my guitar with me or not...

DEFINITELY take your guitar. I went for the first time last year and didn't bring one, and I regret it.

Adrian
  • duotiltduotilt Belgium✭✭✭
    If you want to meet some Belgian gypsyjazzplayers in Samois (jamming, talking, drinking) and you're staying in Samerau, were are near the water, last tents direction Samois.
    And yes, take your guitar with you! But... Be careful : 2 years ago my guitar has been stolen from my tent (it was an Eimers Rosenberg... pfff ) with someone sleeping in it, so watch out. But if you do that, it is really worth it, because you can jam with all kinds off players, last year Lolo Meier has been jamming with us. Everybody with the same musical goals, its amazing.
    Really, it's the best "seminar" for a gypsyjazz guitarist.

Hope to see you there !!

Dominique Nelis
  • tarantogatarantoga
    Hello guys!
    Are there any chance to get some space for one tent/person in Samoreau illegally :wink: ? Its always booked out, but always has some space. Two years ago it was full in Petit Barbeau, according to my email, but there were a lot of space, I would say half empty was the camp. But I met some guys, who shared their space with me.
    Are there any other emergency places to stay?
    Please, give me some advices or share your experience with me.Thanks in advance.
  • duotiltduotilt Belgium✭✭✭
    Hi Tarantoga,

The man who is in control in Samerau is very strict, and he marks every tent that has paid and reserved. If you are in trouble there, come to see us, I can't guarantee you for a sleeping place, but we will try to help you then. (near the water, direction Samois-path). We arriving there on june 27th in the afternoon.

Greetings,

Dominique Nelis
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    The Samoreau owners dont even like visitors to the site using their toilets and tell people off for doing so. There are always people camped outside the fence on the banks of the Seine and this seems to be ok.

I'm not going this year but have a great time.

Alan
    always learning
  • swing68swing68 Poznan, Poland✭✭✭ Manouche Modele Orchestre, JWC Catania Swing
    Hopefully not too offtopic:

Anyone know if you can get Wegens at Samois? I've left it a bit late to buy any via mail order before traveling there :roll:
    The war on Am7 and Cmaj7 begins here ...
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    If memory serves me correctly John Le Voi usually has Wegens for sale - you'll find him in Samoreau campsite and there are always picks and stuff for sale on the festival island.

Alan
    always learning
  • PiotrPiotr New
    I am coming, too - for the first time, as well. Looking foward to it!