DjangoBooks.com

New Mpce

edited June 2012 in Woodwinds Posts: 3,707
I got a new mouthpiece a little while ago that I really like the sound I get with it

It's a Phil-Tone Solstice. A part time mouthpiece Refacer and maker in Oregon, he hand finishes every one. Kind of a west coast jazz sound with really full high register and if pushed gets a really nice edge.

I think the sound I get with it provides a really nice fit fit with the usual GJ instrument line up.
The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed

Comments

• AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    Heya Jazzaferri
    Glad to hear you've found a mpc you like working with,
    I'm fairly happy with a cheap Selmer plastic one , but it's strange I find that different clarinet mouthpieces give less of a change in tone than -say- soprano or tenor saxophone mouthpieces.
    Some do respond better than others, though, and I had a couple of Yamaha 6c that I sold on eBay as they were too open at the tip.

so any chance we can get to hear your new clarinet sound, Jazzaferri ?? :P

-Andy-
  • I guess I need to get off my butt and record something soon. Maybe Nuages.
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    hey Jazzaferri, how about we both record Nuages,
    with the same backing track... a dueL ( sorry, I mean dueT....)

-A- ;-)
  • I pick up a JK alto at the end of this month in Chicago, when I get back your on.

I'll record the backing track on guitar and a chorus or two on sax and then you can download the wav file record your stuff upload it and then we can have our own collaborative tune. Maybe we can do one chorus trading fours.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Such a great feeling to discover a mpce that really rocks.