I thought this might be of interest, especially to those who've been waiting till the last minute to register for Django Camp at Django in June this year. The following is an update I just added to the DiJ website....a waiting list has already begun (as of 5 minutes after uploading this!)....As of May 14 -- New registration is temporarily/partially suspended.
Please read this update carefully.
At roughly one month out from Django in June 2012, we have the kind of problem one wants to have: we have reached capacity for the dorms to which we have been assigned this year (Northrop, Gillett and Talbot.) We have also reached our target student/teacher ratio (of roughly 9/1) for guitarist, though not for violin, mandolin, accordion and bass.
I want 2012 to be not only the biggest Django in June yet, but the best for everyone who is currently a confirmed registrant, (and, for that matter, for anyone who may register in the coming weeks.) So while I explore our options for more housing in close proximity and more guitar staff of the caliber we currently enjoy, I'm going to hit the pause button for the following new registrations:
Players of other instruments who would need on-site housing.
I hope to have a clearer idea of our options with respect to additional housing and staff by Monday, May 21st, at which time I'll either restart registration, or not, given the givens.
If you would like to attend Django Camp and this suspension is affecting you, I'm happy to put you on a waiting list so you have first dibs on any spots that come available. To get on that waiting list please jot me a quick email: andrew AT communityguitar DOT com and give me the following info:
Length of stay (first priority is those who can come for all of Django Camp.)
Whether you would like on-site housing.
Whether you would want the on-campus meal plan.
Whether you require financial aid.
Thanks for your understanding...I'll be back with a clear way forward very soon!