DjangoBooks.com

Olivier Marin for 671€?

2»

Comments

• PidaPida New
    Hi,

finally I made some pics. At the moment, I'd just like to learn more about it, so I'd appreciate any info about timbers, age etc. I might sell the guitar. If you sent me a PN, I'll keep you informed.

As already mentioned, the top looks quite dark. I guess it's cedar, while spruce seems to be the tonewood Olivier usually uses for petit bouche guitars.

Back and sides looks great. Both color and grain of the rosewood (?) are very intensive. The picture is a little to bright.

Unfortunately, I don't have a close up of the frets. The guitar must have been played a lot by a lead player, as fret war is quite even (not like on some singer/songwriter steelstring guitars where you can see which chords have been used most often).

If this pic were a little less blurry on the right-hand side, you could see the letters 'DR' in the circle on the tailpiece.

The soundhole... Does anyone know whether there is a serial number anywhere inside Olivier's guitars?

And finally: The headstock. Nothing is written on the tuning machines.
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    If you are considering selling give me a shout!
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • Micky DunneMicky Dunne Liverpool UK✭✭✭✭ Olivier Marin, JWC Modele Orchestre, AJL La Flasque
    What a bargain! I've just booked my flights to go to granada in January to see Olivier about having mine made. I tried one on the summer and I can't explain it but ya know it just sang. I have tried most of the big luthiers instruments and couldnt decide who to go with so i was wating it out but when i tried this one I just sort of knew. I know mine won't be the same as the one I tried but.... Ya know.

Anyway drop Olivier am email and ask him for some more info, he is a cool guy. <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

Enjoy!

Micky
    Fast and bulbous

www.manouchetones.com
  • PidaPida New
    rimm, I'll keep you informed.

Maca, it's a great idea to travel there - not only to talk to Olivier in person; it's just a great town. Be sure to visit the Alhambra. You probably know there are many other (nylon string) guitar builders in Granada:
    http://www.johnguitar.com/gitarer.htm

I already sent an eMail to Olivier.

Pida