DjangoBooks.com

Bei Dir War Es Immer So Schön melody/lyrics chart

keary18keary18 Jackson, MS✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in Repertoire Posts: 53
I have the rhythm chart for Bei Dir War Es Immer So Schön, but is there a melody and lyric chart available anywhere? I'm trying to get this together for our group and your help is greatly appreciated!

David

Comments

• There is a melody chart on the Django in June website. No lyrics.
  • keary18keary18 Jackson, MS✭✭✭✭
    Thanks - that was very helpful!
  • MundoMundo Las Vegas, NevadaNew
    My band The Hot Club of Las Vegas did an english lyric version on our first cd. We couldn't find an English lyric we liked, so we hired a German translator and then took some poetic license....(You can hear a sample on iTunes) There's a few old French lyric versions that are great as well!

Note: I discovered this song when I saw a Toots Thielemans documentary. He said he was a gypsy and the first time (in Italy I think) he heard Django play, he played this song.

Good luck!
    Thanks for the info - I've been listening o this song for years and look forward to hearing your band. Our band is Swing de Paris in Jackson, MS with a vocalist - so it isn't a straight Django band - which is why I'm looking for the lyrics. Our singer is classically trained and sings in about 4 languages - she's excellent! I'll keep looking and appreciate your insight!

David
  • François RAVEZFrançois RAVEZ FranceProdigy
    Hi David,

I've sent you the lyrics in french and german. You can find easily on YouTube the french version (e.g. Léo Marjane) and the german version sung with a delicious accent from Argentina by Rosita Serrano.

Best

François
    Hi Francois,

thank you for your reply and info on Bei Dir - I did not receive an attachment with your post. I appreciate your help!

thanks,
    David
  • François RAVEZFrançois RAVEZ FranceProdigy
    Hi

Have you checked in user control pannel unedre New Messages.

If you don't find it contact me off-line indicating your e-mail address.

Best

François RAVEZ