DjangoBooks.com

Hono at DFNW 2012?

PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in North America Posts: 1,471
Hello all,

I thought I saw that Hono Winterstein was offering a master rhythm class at this year's DFNW, originally slated for the final day, Sunday. Searching through the site this morning, I'm no longer finding him. Have I missed something - anyone know if he's coming?
-Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.

Comments

• LoritmoLoritmo Pacific NW✭✭✭
    There have been a few lineup changes since it was first announced. The Boyers and Paulus Shafer/Tim Kliphuis are new to the revised lineup. The original lineup had Winterstein Trio and The Lost Fingers. I had heard the Winterstein Trio had visa problems.

Lorretta
  • cbwimcbwim ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately this type of thing seems common with DFNW. Bireli, Angelo and others have been put into the schedule past years only to be no shows. Visa problems, tendonitis, etc.
  • I wonder if now that gj has come out of the closet with a national big league performance the feds are cracking down on gj performers paperwork and doing serious checks on european players ... After all lots of them are actually gypsies

Evan Christopher said that it was homeland sexurity that stopped the rosenberg trio from playing with him :shock:
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    the story is much more complicated than that actually. but anyway it s too bad
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Whatever the reason, between the Rosenbergs and the Winterstein, this really is a shame. I hope Hono and his family are alright, nothing wrong with their health, etc. - but these issues, if due to visa problems...well, drag.
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.