DjangoBooks.com

Me and Wim on our Baraults in my garden

2»

Comments

• tommasotommaso ROMA-ITALYNew
    Hi guys,
    your playing is wonderful! I have particularly enjoyed your fantastic version of Lulu Swing and I've put it in my archive of the best versions of all time! :D
    I hope you will record and post other performances.
    Thank you great musicians!! :D
    Tommaso
    Grazie Django!
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely wonderful, thanks, guys. I love Lulu Swing (and just got the Stochelo waltz DVD, as well as Stochelo's "In the Style" - thanks, Denis, for doing these!), and your playing is inspirational.

Don't drink as much barley as I used to (I tend more to rotted grape juice, now), but Saison DuPont is an extraordinary companion to this tune, and an outdoors jam! Congratulations, Jon and Wim, beautiful playing on beautiful guitars.
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    dupont.jpg

Thanks for all the kind words! I think we can record some more tunes on the baraults later on ..

Now I have uploaded a nice waltz by romane. this is paul bulanyi from bellingen NSW , we are rehearsing for our set of gypsy waltzes at ozmanouche in november :mrgreen:

• jlander9jlander9 ✭✭
    Sweet guys, simply sweet.
  • donoughdonough ✭✭
    great playing..any tabs for delores?
  • JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
    donough wrote:
    great playing..any tabs for delores?

No, sorry. I think there are versions in Romane's Impair et Valse book, and Denis Chang's Stochelo method. The last bit I took from this Tchavolo clip, which is well worth transcribing (if not writing down...), as it differs markedly from a lot of the other "standard" versions, and is a great example of flow and variety in a line. Not sure how much of it is improvised, but would be very interesting to find out.

Cheers,

Jon
  • AmundLauritzenAmundLauritzen ✭✭✭✭
    Man that was some great playing! Your Barault sounds amazing!