DjangoBooks.com

"Franco American Swing"; Why so rare/expensive?

edited July 2012 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 8
To be sure the principles of supply and demand prevail, but on something as so obscure but to a very limited audience?

No offense meant with that observation JJ if you're listening. I've followed your career for years with some of my oldest CD's in my collection being DRB and later both Hellecasters disks.

But honestly.....$100+ for new and $65 or so for used? I must be missing the fine print where it comes with a personal performance...lol

From the desert Southwest-

John
From the Desert Southwest,

John

Comments

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    To be fair, John's not setting those prices. They are set by the Amazon marketplace sellers, who can charge whatever they feel they can get. Inflated prices for out of print items are not uncommon.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
    I realize that is not the artist but the distributor and, more often than not, the retailer who determines an item's pricing. And no, I am not against market based pricing.

It was never my intent to imply otherwise.

Sorry for the lack of clarity.

Of those who either own or have listened to the cd, how many of you would pay the current price of
    $55+ used, $100+ new for it?

John
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    It's a great CD, but I wouldn't pay anything like that for it. The retailers are gouging, IMHO. It might be available for download somewhere, I haven't checked.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • DuozonaDuozona Phoenix, AZNew
    I thought for sure I saw it in Buffalo Bros last month when I visited. id call or email them and ask.
  • thickpickthickpick ✭✭✭
    John sells it on his website for $15 (plus shipping.) Can't get more direct than that!

http://johnjorgenson.com/merchandise.html
    Well, I did find it and a Stochelo Rosenberg & Romane album, "Elegance" ,in downloadable form all for a grand total of less than $4.00!

mp3mixx.com

John