DjangoBooks.com

FS: Peter Zwinakis Guitar SOLD, THANKS

crothcroth ✭✭
edited August 2012 in Classifieds Posts: 107
SOLD, THANK YOU.

I am reluctantly selling this most wonderful 2009 Peter Zwinakis guitar.

To my knowledge, I am the original registered owner of this guitar and I bought it from Eric Schoenberg, a reknowned acoustic guitar player, dealer, and expert, in Tiburon, CA, back before Peter decided to distribute his guitars strictly through djangobooks. One of the things you get with the guitar is an appraisal letter from Eric, something which adds credibility to its construction and value. You can read the redacted appraisal in the picture folder.

This guitar is based on an actual Selmer that was made of all solid woods. There are no laminates in this guitar. The woods are rare and of very high quality. This guitar is a one-of-a-kind as Peter has implied to me that he has built no others like this one.

The back and sides are of solid Cuban Mahogany and the top is of a very straight grained German spruce. The fretboard is ebony and I'm reasonably sure that the top is bound with ebony. I believe the bridge and the trim on the tailpiece are of rosewood. All the bracing is German spruce.

The finish is French Polish.

All the metal parts are gold plated and the tuners are Gotoh's.

The guitar is in excellent condition and has no cracks. There may be a couple of very minor dings, but they are inconsequential and the guitar appears as brand new. There is some minor pick scratching under the high e string but I think I'll be able to polish them out as they are very superficial.

I had the 10th fret markers moved professionally to the 9th fret. The luthier is an expert and did a perfect job. You might detect this change only because I told you about it and if you study the areas very hard. I don't know about you, but I play mostly standard guitars with the traditional American 9th fret markers and I could not adapt myself to the French marker system. The markers can be moved back if you choose, but that would be up to you. It is very inexpensive to move markers.

This guitar has wonderful tone and playability and, to my knowledge, has no issues other than as stated.

It comes with its original case and is currently strung with Argentine .10's.

I'm only selling this because an opportunity to get a truly rare (and much more expensive) guitar has been offered to me and I need to raise the money before it's gone. Please consider this opportunity quickly for my sake! :-)

My asking price is $2750 shipped to any of the CONUS states. I'm open to discussing REASONABLE offers.

{Pictures link has been removed.}

Thanks for looking and email me directly at crothman AT optonline DOT net.

side.jpg
wholefront.jpg
bodyfront.jpg

MORE PICS CAN BE SEEN AT THE LINK CITED IN THE TEXT, ABOVE- LINK REMOVED, SORRY

Comments