DjangoBooks.com

Altamira m01 vs. M30

2»

Comments

• JonnyJonny SwedenNew
    Hi guys! Thank you all for your feedback and advice!

It seems to me that what it comes down to in the end - after having read your inputs - is that the technique (e.g laminate vs. solid) used by the guitar builder/s is not necessarily what decides the quality of the instrument. What is important then to me, and I am guessing, to all guitarists, is whether the instrument suits and agrees with me and my style of playing. Now, my problem here is that I have no chance of trying the instruments (e.g difference in sound an feel between in laminate and solid in M01 and M10 or M30) and that I therefore am subject to guessing what might suit me. But I am guessing that a laminated Altamira - if it indeed has a shorter, less sustained tone - would suit me better than the solid M30.

Also, one of my main concerns is that the Altamira - although great for its price - is worse in quality than say a "normal priced" Selmer copy, such as e.g Olivier Marin or a John LeVoi or AJL or Leo Eimer etc. I am concerned about it because even though I am looking for something in a slightly lower price range, I don't want to end up with a new beginners guitar such as the one I purchased from Patenotte (the 251) (which has almost no sound at all, though it plays nicely). Hence, my question: would it be worth it to spend a bit more (a lot more in most cases) money to get that quality?

That aside, what I really want to know is, which one of the Altamiras has the strongest and most genuine Selmer-sound overall? This is really what is the most important to me.

Best regards

Jonny, who´s cursed with being a freaking lefty
  • aah umaah um New
    i was informed by djangojazz.nl that for altamira guitars there would be a 25% increase in the price for the left handed model of the M10 (price 890 euros for right 1,112,50 for left).

once again. a 25% price increase for the left handed model. frustrating as i have heard nothing but good about the altamira.