DjangoBooks.com

Download moves from internet to slow down

2»

Comments

• adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    Hey guys,

To those of you who want to slow down and loop YouTube videos, check out the new Soundslice search, which I just added a few moments ago:

http://www.soundslice.com/search/

You can search for whatever you want (it does a YouTube search behind the scenes), and use the interface to make selections and loop. Eventually you'll be able to make annotations to the videos, e.g., tabbing things out for the benefit of others.

Adrian
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Hey Adrian,

As my kid would say, 'dude that is sick!' I love the loop feature too. Search function works great!

For some reason I can't get the half speed button to work.

Thanks for making that!
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Adrian, I am a big fan of your guitar virtuosity, which I admired at Django in June.

I am also a potentially a big fan of your computer virtuosity, but the truth is, I am one of these idiots who needs to be taken by the hand and shown how to do most computer stuff.

So, any chance you could post a YouTube video of "Soundslice for Dummies"?

Thanks,

Will
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
    So, any chance you could post a YouTube video of "Soundslice for Dummies"?

Hey Will,

I'll definitely be making a tutorial video -- but I don't want to take the time to make it just yet, as the site is being actively developed and improving daily. The video would be out of date quickly!

HOWEVER, you're in luck: you'll now see a "Help" link in the upper right of any video's page. Click that to get information on what the various bits of the page do. I hope that helps in the meantime!

Adrian
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Thanks, buddy. I'm a bit overwhelmed right now with some home improvement projects, but I plan to follow your advice ASAP.

Will
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • tomcunntomcunn ✭✭✭
    you can participate in the you tube html 5 trial and slow youtubes to 1/2 speed without intonation change, and 1/4 with no sound. it works most of the time:

http://www.youtube.com/html5

i have not checked out the sound slice option but look forward to doing so.
  • Adrien, thanks a lot. I love soundslice, it's an invaluable tool for me. I've been using quite a bit and it has been extremely helpful. I would love to see a 70% speed playback button or 90% for after you've already learned the notes but are trying to get the solo up to speed. Thanks again. Great software.
    Adrien, thanks a lot. I love soundslice, it's an invaluable tool for me. I've been using quite a bit and it has been extremely helpful. I would love to see a 70% speed playback button or 90% for after you've already learned the notes but are trying to get the solo up to speed. Thanks again. Great software.

Glad you've found it useful! Stay tuned -- there's much more to come.

As for the 70% thing, yeah, I totally agree. Unfortunately YouTube only allows 50% and 100% speeds, and there's no way around it aside from lobbying them (which I will continue to do!).

Adrian