DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (0)

Related Discussions

Today's Birthdays

loloma LeeWilson

Comments

• noodlenotnoodlenot ✭✭✭
    maybe the hole shape puts some off? or maybe rosewood is more fashionable these days...
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Teddy, I was going to e-mail you and ask you if it was as good in person as it is on the video. Sounds like the answer is "every bit as good"!

BTW, e-mailed you awhile back about the DPA, etc., but never heard back. We had delivery problems once before, so I hope it got through.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • jerojero Michiana✭✭✭✭ J.P. Favino, Godefroy Maruejouls
    I'm lucky enough to own this guitar's sister -- a D-Hole from '96 originally built for Kamlo Barre with the same mahogany back, sides, and neck. It's absolutely fantastic.

I don't know whether it's the mahogany or just J.P.'s mad skills, but both these guitars seem to possess a really rich, almost cello-like midrange, but with more than enough gypsy bite to cut through a jam. They're also loud as hell, without being brash.

I too have been mystified at why this guitar hasn't sold yet. Perhaps it is rosewood snobbery. But I also get the sense that J.P. sometimes gets forgotten in the recent boom of luthiers.