DjangoBooks.com

Comments

• noodlenotnoodlenot ✭✭✭
    maybe the hole shape puts some off? or maybe rosewood is more fashionable these days...
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Teddy, I was going to e-mail you and ask you if it was as good in person as it is on the video. Sounds like the answer is "every bit as good"!

BTW, e-mailed you awhile back about the DPA, etc., but never heard back. We had delivery problems once before, so I hope it got through.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • jerojero Michiana✭✭✭✭ J.P. Favino, Godefroy Maruejouls
    I'm lucky enough to own this guitar's sister -- a D-Hole from '96 originally built for Kamlo Barre with the same mahogany back, sides, and neck. It's absolutely fantastic.

I don't know whether it's the mahogany or just J.P.'s mad skills, but both these guitars seem to possess a really rich, almost cello-like midrange, but with more than enough gypsy bite to cut through a jam. They're also loud as hell, without being brash.

I too have been mystified at why this guitar hasn't sold yet. Perhaps it is rosewood snobbery. But I also get the sense that J.P. sometimes gets forgotten in the recent boom of luthiers.