DjangoBooks.com

The First Dent! What's your first ding story?!

2»

Comments

• wim wrote:
    I am not a princess about my guitars .. they all get banged up pretty regularly, but I don't mind - I prefer the antiqued look :wink:

I cant afford to be either, I get lost in space and tink, there is another one. Fortunately all mine a tiny little reminders to not get too careless.

I did leave my guitar out on the bed in the Banff Springs hotel and while I was out it developed a crack on the side at the curve of the lower bout. Michael Dunn said it was from an impact. Hmmmm... Im not sure ai want to know that story.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    Reminds me the story about that guy who had a beautiful Vintage Gypsy. Somehow left it against the car on the right side, got distracted... long enough to realize it after he pulled back and drove over it...
    Thank God, this only happens to others...
    - JG
  • AmundLauritzenAmundLauritzen ✭✭✭✭
    My Dell Arte Jimmy Rosenberg was already imperfect when I got it. But it was used and I got it for a reasonable price. I don't care too much about aesthetics as long as it sounds good. And it does, believe me!

As for my archtops, my Gibson Herb Ellis was also bought used and the use had left its marks. But it sounds heavenly so I won't complain.

My D'Aquisto was in mint condition when I received it.

i think only collectors and people with OCD worry too much about guitars getting scratches and minor damage. Players want them to sound good and that's all that matters.
    I guess if someone try to sell me a pink guitar I will decline, but other than that sound comes first. Always!