DjangoBooks.com

Tech riders for GJ performance

Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
edited November 2012 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 629
Does anyone have any standard tech riders for a QHCF line-up (3 gtrs, violin, double bass) + vocals for venues/festivals supplying sound?

I came up with these, but I feel like I'm missing something:

Stage Requirements:

Soundboard with at least 8 discrete channels, separate controls for monitors, and appropriate power amps for the venue and monitoring system

Two (2) stage monitors, right and left

Five (5) XLR direct lines with quality direct boxes for instruments. The Soiree musicians usually bring their own DI boxes/devices with XLR DI outs, but venue must have back-ups.

Two (2) Shure SM-58 vocal microphones with on/off switches with boom stands

Three (3) folding chairs

Yes, I intentionally omitted the reference to the bowl full for green M&M's backstage!
Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com

Comments

• Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    Gonzalo has a stage plot and technical requirements on his website.
    What you have here isn't much different...
    http://www.gonzalobergara.com/promo_gbq.html
    - JG
  • You might want to add a feedback suppressor for larger venues.

Plus I find the sound of SM58s to be a little harsh sounding, I know they are nearly indestructible but really there are way better mics for vocal.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
    Inputs:
    • Five (5) XLR direct lines with quality direct boxes for instruments. Band usually brings their own DI boxes/devices with XLR DI outs, but venue must have back-ups.
    • Two (2) Shure SM-58 or equivalent vocal microphones with on/off switches and windscreens, mounted on boom stands

Channel Instrument Recommendation Stand Insert
    1 Jill Vocal SM58 Long Boom Compressor, reverb
    2 Xtra Vocal SM58 Long Boom Compressor, reverb
    3 Lauren - Violin DI Reverb
    4 Jill - Guitar DI
    5 Miles - Guitar DI Reverb
    6 Brandon - Guitar DI Reverb
    7 Alec - Double Bass DI

FOH and Stage Requirements:
    • Stage area: minimum 10’ deep x 15’ wide
    • Soundboard with at least 8 discrete channels, separate controls for monitors, and appropriate power amps for FOH and monitoring system.
    • Appropriate speakers for FOH sound
    • Effects: two (2) Parametric EQ (unless part of soundboard), Reverb, Feedback suppressor, compressor
    • Two (2) stage monitors, right and left
    • Three (3) folding chairs
    • Two power strips with grounded plugs (1 each: stage right and stage left), connected to discrete 120VAC 20-amp power circuits
    • One (1) table for merchandise (at least 3’ round) – unless a merchandise area already exists
    • Appropriate stage lighting for time of day. If night time, instruments should be loaded with a variety of the following Roscolux gel colors: 33 (No Color Pink), 34 (Flesh Pink), 60 (No Color Blue), and 80 (Primary Blue).
    • Minimum of two (2) parking spaces near stage for band, or transportation to the stage
    Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
    http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com