DjangoBooks.com

Samy Daussat albums - rhythm?

PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
edited April 2013 in Gypsy Rhythm Posts: 1,471
Hey all -

Anyone have CDs in mind, where Samy Daussat's accompaniment can be heard particularly well?

Thanks,

Paul
-Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.

Comments

• PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    (Sorry, edit button disabled for some reason). While we're at it, any reason this is called All the Things You Are, and not Swing '42?
    -Paul

• JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
    Not a CD per se, but his rhythm playing behind the vocal on this is great (more a comp than a pompe though).

I've got the Tchavolo DVD that this clip is from too (I think you can get it here from Michael), and Samy plays rhythm very clearly through the whole thing - a great, varied set all round, and you can see their hands too :)

I really like his playing, and to the extent that my French stretches, he seems one of the most coherent teachers of the style out there, judging from the bunch of youtube videos of his magazine workshops available. Would love to get a lesson one day.

Jon
    Thanks, Jon. The Tchavolo DVD - that's the Live in Paris one, right?
    -Paul

• JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
    Thanks, Jon.
    -Paul

Doing some more combing for Samy Daussat. What I'm hoping for is a specific discography of any albums in which he is playing rhythm. I know, for instance, he was with Patrick Saussois and Alma Sinti - specific albums?

I get a lot of .mp3 albums off of Amazon, so miss the jacket materials. If anyone happens to have this info, much appreciated.

Paul
    -Paul

• Micky DunneMicky Dunne Liverpool UK✭✭✭✭ Olivier Marin, JWC Modele Orchestre, AJL La Flasque
    Some great playing on this new cd, soloing from samy as well!

http://www.djangostation.com/Urban-Gypsy.html
    Fast and bulbous

www.manouchetones.com
    Wow, thanks, Maca. From that sample track, this sounds like a fantastic album. I don't think Samy is doing rhythm on this, but no matter - great music. Thanks!

Paul
    -Paul

• Micky DunneMicky Dunne Liverpool UK✭✭✭✭ Olivier Marin, JWC Modele Orchestre, AJL La Flasque
    Sorry, obviously the wrong in information! It's Mathieu Guinot on rhythm but some great playing from Samy solo/comping. A nice disc with many nice original tunes.
    Fast and bulbous

www.manouchetones.com
    Oh, no worries at all, Maca. Thanks for bringing the album to my attention!

Paul
    -Paul