DjangoBooks.com

My finger is in terrible pain

edited January 2013 in Technique Posts: 29
I don't know if I cut my nail too short or if I got a splinter. It's my middle finger. I can't bend any notes, it's terrible. I'm in such pain. I'm sure it will go away soon but it's impossible to play anything with a bend. Anybody experience anything like this? Should I super glue it like Stevie Ray Vaughan? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Have you thought of seeking medical help?
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • DjangoJimDjangoJim Edgewood, WA✭✭✭ Dupont MD50 Cedar Top
    Welcome to the world of gypsy jazz, which includes bending notes on an acoustic guitar! Yes, I've gotten that pain. If it's what I have had, it's simply your flesh pulling away from the nail. And I usually get it in the middle of a burning solo where I just put too much oomph into it. If you can't wait for it to heal in a few days, then wrap a band-aid (fabric type, not plastic) or tape around it...and don't bend.

I have also gotten just an unexplainable sharp pain in the middle of my finger pad. Figured it was just a nerve that got bruised and it did disappear in a few. Once again, I just put on a band aid and made it back by the last chorus.

Cheers,
    Jim