DjangoBooks.com

Slowing Down When Playing Rythm

edited January 2013 in Gypsy Rhythm Posts: 7
Hey guys,

So I have reached the point where I am happy with the sound of my rythm playing but unfortunely I notice that when I practice with a metronome I am dragging behind the beat at certain moments, not all of the time but here and there. I've been practicing with the metronome on all 4 beats, beats 1 & 3 and beats 2 & 4 making sure that I can't hear the metrnome when I line up with it. Do you guys have any pointers on how to keep the tempo consistent? I know I have to put more energy into it but I thought there might be other tips that could help me. Thanks for your time!:)

Mitchell

Comments

• PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I do is keep the beat going in my head, a kind of silent count, along with the metronome. The other thing I do, is play along with the HCQF, or others.
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • You have the first part right, which is that you should practice with a metronome. It definitely helps, especially if you are being relied upon to keep time for the band.
    I try to keep my foot moving with the beat whenever I'm practicing anything, rhythm guitar in particular. This has helped me to internalize the beat.

That being said, we all speed up or slow down from time to time. It will happen. Practicing with a metronome will keep it to a minimum.