DjangoBooks.com

Bireli's Djangology Intro

koasterkidkoasterkid Burlington, VTNew
edited January 2006 in Licks and Patterns Posts: 14
Does anyone know the little lick that Bireli plays after the chord intro and the first verse on "Djangology" from Gypsy Project & Friends? I have been beating my head against the wall trying to figure this one out! HELP!!!!
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    koasterkid wrote:
    Does anyone know the little lick that Bireli plays after the chord intro and the first verse on "Djangology" from Gypsy Project & Friends? I have been beating my head against the wall trying to figure this one out! HELP!!!!

I can't say I do, yet, but can you tell us exactly when and where you mean? After the chord intro I get, but when is the next one? (You wrote after the first verse, but people seem to have different ideas of what a verse is.) Do you mean the lick after 8 bars? Or the more chromatic one after the full first chorus (AABA)? Not the same lick either way, right?

Best,
    Jack.
  • koasterkidkoasterkid Burlington, VTNew
    Before the first A part.
    The lick in question occurs in bar 6 of the intro, immediately following the chord...
  • VerchachoVerchacho Orlando, FloridaNew
    There's a transcription of that Bireli song on an issue of acoustic guitar magazine. I can't remember the date but i know he is on the cover, you should be able to find it in the back issues section of the acoustic guitar website.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    off the top of my head...

you mean this?

[code]
    e-13h15p13-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    b------------16-13----------------------------------------------------------------
    g--------------------14-12--------------------------------------------------------
    d---------------------------13-10-------------------12---------------------------
    a-----------------------------------12-10---------------9-10---------------------
    e--------------------------------------------11-10--------------------------------
    [/code]
    ah, thanks, dennis!
    Jack, I realized that I wasn't clear...I meant to say after the intro chords and BEFORE the first verse...sorry 'bout that!
    When bireli plays that, instead of using the 16th fret on the B string, he uses the 11th fret on the high E. He hammers with his first finger on the 13th fret, then moves his first finger to the 11th.