DjangoBooks.com

Fleur de Paris CD - UK based chanson band

martin bmartin b London✭✭ Epiphone Deluxe
edited April 2013 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 50
Hi everyone, I'm the guitarist in Fleur de Paris, a chanson/swing band based in England, featuring French chanteuse Lo Broderick. We have a CD available which some of you might be interested in.

Here's a track from it, with a little montage of us out and about:

http://youtu.be/1dOTk-SFyko

Hope you enjoy it!

Martin

Comments

• PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Buy it, folks, I did and am eagerly awaiting its arrival. Masterful playing, such capture of the sweet feel of Paris!
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
    God, I'm listening to this album yet again, everyone. It is impossible to listen to these artists, without serious love for Les Temps Perdu, Paris now, Belle Époque, swing era, anytime. I'm having such a ball, guys...listening this moment to "Je Suis Swing."
    -Paul

OK, at the risk of appearing like I'm being paid off by Martin to gush....it's after midnight, I'm ranging among the thousands of tunes on my .mp3, and I'm listening to Fleur de Paris, again. These guys play with such romance, exuberance, joy, it's impossible for me not to smile with deep affection for their music and a dream of the beautiful city - shades of Belle Epoque, rich interiors, afternoon idyls on the banks of the Seine - they evoke so well. Lo Broderick is a singer of empyrean caliber, and Martin, you and your instrumentalist mates are a treasure. It would be wonderful to cross paths, hear you live one day.

Paul
    -Paul

• martin bmartin b London✭✭ Epiphone Deluxe
    Why thank you Paul, once again, for your kind words and evocative allusions!

Is twenty quid alright, same as usual?

I'm sure our paths will cross, somewhere down the line, and I look forward to it!

MB
    martin b wrote:
    Is twenty quid alright, same as usual?

Shhhhhhh. That's my usual, Martin. I've got a soft-spot for you guys, though. Can I just get a pint of Spitfire, on cask? :D
    -Paul

• martin bmartin b London✭✭ Epiphone Deluxe
    There's one in the pipes for you Paul, claim it anytime.