DjangoBooks.com

gitane dorado schmitt model

2»

Comments

I have a dg-370, i just love it, great tone and projection, lovely neck, fast and good frets, the woods used on this guitar is comparable to any european luthier, so go for it.

I dont have the money for a blond Favino, so i got this instead, and im not in any way disappointed, if anything i meet often the "gitane haters" they bow down when they play this guitar, it just eats the other guitars at the jam sessions i have been at. The first couple of months it has the wetness of new guitar,,ufff, but with patience and a lot of string spankin, it just opens up so sweet, the bass registry is a deep primal growl, middle tones are there and can be pulled out when played correctly, and last but not at least the high notes just chime away, i often have to dampen, or mute the high notes so i dont overdo it, the bridge issues are a common thing with any guitars, my eimers had a similar issue and after a new brigade was crafted it sounds better and fuller.

Go for it, its a great guitar, and they havent made that many of them, it could be a collecters item after a couple of years, what else is there to say.
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    Thanks everyone for the feedback on the guitar and my playing. This model has served me well, and several folks that own custom Favino and Dupont guitars have loved it once they saw and played it. The bridge needed replacing, but that was it. If you see me in St. Louis or Madison, try it out and make your decision.

Paul
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    bopster wrote:
    Thanks everyone for the feedback on the guitar and my playing. This model has served me well, and several folks that own custom Favino and Dupont guitars have loved it once they saw and played it. The bridge needed replacing, but that was it. If you see me in St. Louis or Madison, try it out and make your decision.

Paul

See you in a week, Paul!

-Paul
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.