DjangoBooks.com

Au revoir! Merci!

Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
Well, March has arrived and so now it's time to wrap this thing up. It's been great fun!

Some thanks are in order... please suffer through my "Oscar acceptance speech" moment...

First of all, a big thank you to Michael Horowitz for allowing us the free real estate here at djangobooks.com.

+ a big thank you to co-host "Bones" aka Mike.

+ a big thank you to all the members of the Givone Guitar Group around the world.

+ a big thank you to all the occasional commenters and lurkers.

+ Et j'aimerais surtout remercier M. Daniel Givone pour sa methode extraordinaire, de laquelle nous avons tant profitee.

Now just in case anyone was worried about it, me and my big mouth will still be all around the forum, making all kinds of silly comments when I really should be shutting up and practising! :lol:

But if anyone has any questions about the group or the Givone book, please feel free to contact me by message here or at the e-mail address below.

A bientot!

Will
<[email protected]>
Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."

Comments

• PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    As someone who will probably be studying the man's method in a couple of years, thank you for doing this, Will. Tremendous eye-opening on his approach, fantastic.

If you or anyone else haven't seen it, the wonderful vid of Patrus interviewing Daniel and Alain Mazaud, holding the much-lusted-after View Paris. ('kay, I'm speaking personally....I'm spoiled, at least in my dreams...owning a Shopis and "rounding out" my gear acquisition with this superlative instrument!)

Thanks again, Will. Look forward to seeing you in the community.

Paul
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Yeah, Paul. That's probably my time frame as well. Focussing on Nousche's rhythm stuff right now plus a lot of transcribing/arrangments is keeping me busy but hope to get more into the lead stuff in the next couple years.
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Cool, Bones. There's at least two of us...good to know there's another rhythm hunter out there! :D
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Thanks WIll for all you've done here with the Givone section, and I'll be seeing you -- and the rest of the members here -- on the other sections at Djangobooks. AE
  • PerltonePerltone ✭✭✭
    As a constant lurker on this forum, I just want to say how inspired I have been by everyone's
    enthusiasm and work ethic. If it is the journey and not the destination, you guys have enriched
    mine. Thanks and I hope we get to play a few someday.