DjangoBooks.com

DiJ 2013: lick exchange Monday June 17...?

13»

Comments

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    He who mocks our "sharing licks"
    Can be our guest to "____ ____ ____"...
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
    I booked a flight today so I'm set to go. I'll be there on Mon as I wanted to have some extra time to look around before playing around the clock starts.
    I'll try to contribute with a lick or two however unoriginal.

I started a thread hoping some of us can get together and catch a cab from the airport:
    viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11778

See you there
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Andrew has now posted the first tune we are supposed to be working on this year at DiJ:

http://djangoinjune.com/For_musicians/g ... p2013.html

"It Had To Be You" is a 'Good Old Good One', as Louis Armstrong used to say. It's a longtime favourite for me, though I usually play it in F with slightly different changes. (I'm rather partial to m7 chords; Andrew, not so much!)

Anyway, I think this would be a great tune to work up some cool licks on, and hopefully you guys feel the same way... if not, undoubtedly Andrew will be suggesting other GOGO's in the weeks to come.
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • BonesBones Moderator
    I won't be there but check out Djangos solo.

I'll try to dig up my transcription and post it. Tons of great stuff in there.

Sure wish I was going this year. Oh well. Maybe see you guys out there next year!