DjangoBooks.com

K&K Definity System with Definity Pre-Amp

2»

Comments

• I've used it for several gigs on a Gitane 250m and am pleased. I use a Baggs Para DI and am still experimenting with settings but have had no feedback issues. Rhythm playing sounds very acoustic while lead for some reason sounds more like an electric.
    Lows and mids need to be tuned way down.
    Have not permanently mounted, which places it in the position that is suggested for best sound. Will likely mount in that position and run wiring to endpin jack, which is included. Curious about drilling through tailpiece to mount jack. Any advice from anyone on this?
  • Ian RossiterIan Rossiter Fort Vermilion ,Alberta ,CanadaNew
    Working with it for a few months,on and off, I've had some time to dial it in a bit.
    I run it through the acoustic-chain of my pedalboard,(the 1st chain is for Electric Guitar), and even found a neat solution to the feedback problem.
    I run the Pickup through a Radial PZ-PRE, with a touch of reverb from a TC Electronics HOF mini reverb.
    The occasional feedback issue, was easily solved with Foam microphone windscreen gently stuffed into the sound hole. This was only needed with really hot monitors.[img][/img]
    Practice ,Practice,EAT PRACTICE- Tommy Tedesco
  • Ian RossiterIan Rossiter Fort Vermilion ,Alberta ,CanadaNew
    Oh, I should mention,
    I mostly get sideman calls for Telecaster pickin'; Country,Roots,Blues,Rockabilly...that kinda stuff.
    Besides the Lead-chickin pickin stuff, I do the mulit-intstrumental stuff; Acoustic guitar,mandolin,Tenor Banjo,Resophonic,ect stuff. Or as I like to think of it...the spice rack.
    This setup,allows me to run my electric instruments through my Amp (a beautiful Dr.Z MAZ 38sr!) and the Acoustic instruments direct from the Radial out to the PA.
    The Radial, and the TC mini pedals,are in the Acoustic chain,completely separate from the Electric chain. They just share space on the pedalboard. This makes things wayyyy easier onstage,as well as load-in/load out.
    I run the Reverb,and looper from the effects loop,and the tuner from the Tuner-out.
    I use K&K's on all my acoustic instruments,and it actually makes things really consistent. There is barely any need to adjust the eq between instruments,as they pretty much sound like themselves.
    The Radial virtually eliminates any piezo quack,or harshness ,and it sounds really,really natural.
    Practice ,Practice,EAT PRACTICE- Tommy Tedesco