DjangoBooks.com

Altamira M01 775$

2»

Comments

• HemertHemert Prodigy
    fmhansen wrote:
    Hemert wrote:
    I'm indeed affiliated with the academy. In fact, I've made all those transcriptions, shot and edited the videos and mixed and mastered the audio. I really do not understand what the thought process is behind selling PDFs, mp3s and videos from the academy unless your plan is to destroy the academy.

Dear Hemert,

I would like to remind you that it is perfectly legal to resell a product that has been bought (whether it's a book, couch, computersoftware, videotutorials etc...) and that you are actually breaking the law if you do not make this possible for your customers. Please correct me if i'm wrong but that's what i know about the laws here in Europe.

I would do the same thing as OP if i was in desperate need of money.

But i can't picture anyone would buy this from anything other than the official website.

You know, if this would be true and people started doing this the academy would be gone within 3 months. But if you're selling PDFs and downloaded videos you are not selling originals/hard copies, you are selling digital copies. That would be equivalent to photo copying books and selling them.

I really do think RA is a great resource for gypsy jazz lead playing to which everybody with internet has access for a very reasonable price (we are not getting rich here by any meaning of the word). Especially considering the fact that we listen to our customers and record songs they request: one of the absolute best guitar players in the world records songs you want and gives unrestricted access to all his licks and tricks for 25 euro per month?! Sign me up! Really, if I wasn't the one running RA I'd pay for a subscription within a heartbeat.

Anyway, I hope this was an honest mistake and won't affect RA.
  • swingnationswingnation ✭✭
    They were talking about this very issue on National Public Radio here in the US this month. This article was about digital downloads of music, but you can see how it can be expanded to all digital media. So far, courts rule in favor of the producing entity

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2013/04/ ... ge-says-no
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    No offense to anyone present, but why not delete threads like these?
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    As a Rosenberg Academy supporter, I've gotta agree with Hemert.

I don't profess to be knowledgeable about the legal issues around re-selling stuff from the RA--- perhaps it is technically legal...? though I personally don't think it should be.

But IMHO, anyone who comes to this site attempting to re-sell stuff from the RA should be warned once and then promptly banned from membership should there be a second problem. Same deal with anyone who has been posting stuff online that was swiped from the RA, or Dennis Chang, Michael Horowitz, or Romane, or Daniel Givone, any other GJ artist.

The world of gypsy jazz is a small one, and it is everyone's duty, and in everyone's interest, to make sure that all of our wonderful teachers and artists are able to survive and thrive.

A lot of folks around here may be too young remember the dark ages before the internet, when it was almost impossible for non-Europeans to learn this style of music. Let me assure you, it was not a good time for students of the style.

My two cents...

Will
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."