DjangoBooks.com

SOLD 1940 Epiphone Zephyr jazz archtop guitar

schanschan ✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in Classifieds Posts: 30
For sale rare 1940 Epiphone Zephyr built in 1940. VG condition overall. Excellent set up, plays really well. This model was used by Les Paul to develop the first solid body electric guitars. It is also very similar to a guitar played by Django Reinhardt in the 1940's and owned by Eugène Vees. Very nice 3-piece cherry/maple neck w/ block inlays and early oblong pick up, flame maple laminates. Original hardware, except knobs and repro MasterVoicer plates, and non-original clear pickguard. Has the original back panel, allowing access to inside. Original Epiphone hard shell case worn but very usable. More photos available upon request. No international shipping, payment by check or MO preferred. Buyer pays shipping. $1100 or best offer. <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator
    What is the back panel used for?

thanks
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    It's to hide the whisky...
    Nejc
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    :lol:
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Bones, it's really to provide access to the pickup and wiring, but the little airport bottles fit nicely...
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    That's what I was thinking but seems better to just work thru the F holes which is what I've always done. A bit fussy but seems better than cutting a big hole in the back.
    The access panel in the back was the reason Les Paul used the Epi as his "Log". It started because he was the consumet "tinkerer" , and this made removal of the bobbin/wiring/pots quick and easy.Working in the basement of the Epiphone factory , he had full access for hs "inovations".
    BillDaCostaWilliams