DjangoBooks.com

play alongs

2»

Comments

• dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    AmmonB wrote:

One can't expect perfection and studio quality for free :lol:

actually , you can, right here: http://www.dc-musicschool.com/catalogue ... layalongs/

haha I need to make more of those eventually...

Anyway , the guy who made those playalongs up there is at least playing time, and his sound is not bad; but i think i understand what the others are complaining about , if you listen to it through headphones as i am right now, there's some phasing issues; i wonder if he might have duplicated the track and just panned them hard left hard right... it actually hurts the ears! It has nothing to do with his playing but his mixing technique!!!
  • kevingcoxkevingcox Nova Scotia✭✭✭✭ Dupont MD50
    In the interest of trying to contribute something positive, here is another site of playbacks I just stumbled across and they seem pretty listenable. I hope I have linked it properly.

http://www.grilles-manouches.net/index.php/2013-02-17-13-11-19/grilles-manouches
  • AmundLauritzenAmundLauritzen ✭✭✭✭
    There is the possibility of over-articulation: trying too hard to swing. Maybe that is the case there. While I am no rhythm expert myself I can be sure that the 2 and 4's in those tracks are a bit too accenturated. There is a fine line to everything. In the beginning, over-articulation can be the key to understanding. Then, you move beyond that. +1 to Denis' rhythm play-alongs. Those and the ones I get from the Rosenberg Academy are part of my daily practice schedule. Any rhythm player should listen to those or even better: the ones from Nousche Rosenbergs rhythm course if you really want to step it up!