DjangoBooks.com

Aberdeen; Scotland, generally?

PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
edited April 2013 in Europe Posts: 1,471
Life has a funny way of insisting on its own plans. We have been considering a move to France over the next couple of years, and as serendipity would have it, we're going to be in Scotland - Aberdeen, mostly - sometime in the summer of 2014. Any Scots here on board? What's the scene like in Scotland?

-Paul
-Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.

Comments

• AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    Heya Paul
    one or two Scots here, myself and Alan (crookedpinkie) being the two who post the most.
    I'd say the Scots GJ scene is strongest in Glasgow, with the weekly Hot Club jam session nearing its 5th birthday , and gigging bands including "Rose Room" and [our own] "Gitane Ecosse".
    In Edinburgh there's a fortnightly session with "Swing 2013" , ft Dick Lee on clarinet.
    Best known of the Scottish GJ bands is "Havana Swing", based in Dundee (60 miles south of Aberdeen), I think they're currently undergoing a lineup change, but they gig regularly.
    In Aberdeen is our friend Will Barbero, an excellent GJ guitarist, but I don't know if he's got a band together. I'm sure he'd be up for a jam if you're in town.

cheers
    -Andy-
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Wow, thanks very much, guys. Great to get this info. My son came in the door singing Scotland the Brave, and is continuing as I write this (he's the reason we're going - very proud of him, part of a chorale, chosen to go). Look forward to meeting and playing with you!

-Paul
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • Wheee...Stuart....my Aunt lives in Morecambe....and I will be coming to visit her sometime next year
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed