DjangoBooks.com

How to transcribe Django from recordings not tuned to A440?

2»

Comments

• The other day our sax quartet tuned up with an iPhone app that did all 4 instruments at once on different notes. We all played our G's which made us Eb guys a fourth away from the Bb guys. worked just fine sounded great.

Unbeleiveable :shock:
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • jimvencejimvence Austin, TX✭✭
    Jazzaferri wrote:
    Relative pitch is just that...most of the discrepancy is likely due to the old technologies and some may just be that they tuned to somone close.

If you have to shift it rahter than retune your axe...use transcribe or other software and correct the pitch.....harder done than said :lol:

Speaking of old technologies, how many of us rapidly aging players remember learning solos off of 33 1/3 RPM vinyl LPs, by playing them on a turntable that went to 16 2/3, simply listening in a lower octave? Back then, my transcribing problem was in finding the right groove to the music - literally!! :mrgreen:
  • BonesBones Moderator
    When I first started I had a cassette player that played at half speed. A lot of noise and distortion though.