DjangoBooks.com

Maybe the best videos of Joscho on the net

2»

Comments

• bohemewarblerbohemewarbler St. Louis, MO✭✭✭✭ Jordan Wencek No.26, Altamira M01D-12 fret
    I agree that the video production is beautifully arranged. I'm also a big fan of Joscho, of course, as a fan of his lead playing, but also in his rhythm playing.

However, after watching Kailin, I had our violinist check him out in these videos. I really appreciate his flowing style. Our violinist comes from the Celtic tradition, which can bring in too much punctuated stops and starts for my tastes. I'm hoping that by watching and listening to Kailin, he'll try to follow his example some.

By the way, I was in Madison for the Midwest Gypsy Festival and had the time of my life. Seeing Joscho and Gonzalo and company performing 3 times in one weekend was a chance in a lifetime. I also appreciated your low-key style of rhythm accompaniment with Joscho. I am the rhythm player in our band and am currently playing a Gitane 255M (the maple version of the guitar you have in the video). I'm still looking to upgrade. Let me know if you have any recommendations?
  • kungfumonk007kungfumonk007 ✭✭✭✭
    I wish I knew more about the guitars. I know my guitar benefited drastically from a dupont bridge some shims and a proper set-up. When I decided to upgrade I just sent Michael Horowitz an email telling him my budget and what kind of sound I wanted and he exchanged emails with me for about a week and was really helpful.

I was totally overwhelmed in WI, wish I had been a little more social. Next time I'll bring my wife along so I can feel more at ease :D (yes we are one of those sick couples who never leaves each others sides). It is hard playing with a guy like that because it is real easy to get distracted by some amazing thing he is doing, and he hears EVERYTHING and points it out to you the next day (in a nice and helpful way). I swear you get better by osmosis just listening to him.