DjangoBooks.com

'm Looking to buy an electric Archtop guitar. Any recommenda

2»

Comments

I'm looking at any price range :D
  • JSantaJSanta NY✭✭✭ Dupont, Gaffiero, AJL
    I'm looking at any price range :D

If that's the case my firm recommendation is Thorell. Having both played the Vingnola model and hearing Frank play it in person, it can cover the tonal spectrum. If you're not familiar with him, here's Frank playing some Django on the Thorell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKpILqurFME

Hands down the best guitar I've ever played: http://thorellguitars.com/guitars/arch-tops/fv-studio/

With that being said, if budget is not a concern, you had the world at your fingertips. Good luck!
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Here is my electric. It is a hollow body so you get some hollow body warmth but with all electrics most of the sound (at higher amplification) is from the pickup and amp anyway so it sounds like an electric jazz guitar (if that is the sound that you are looking for).

It is hollow but heavily braced to cut down on feedback. No feedback at any reasonable volume. At extreme high volume you can MAKE it feedback if you try but it's not a solid body rock guitar.

This one does not have f-holes to further reduce feedback. I've also made the same style with f-holes and they are also very feedback resistant.
    Bones wrote:
    Here is my electric. It is a hollow body so you get some hollow body warmth but with all electrics most of the sound (at higher amplification) is from the pickup and amp anyway so it sounds like an electric jazz guitar (if that is the sound that you are looking for).

It is hollow but heavily braced to cut down on feedback. No feedback at any reasonable volume. At extreme high volume you can MAKE it feedback if you try but it's not a solid body rock guitar.

This one does not have f-holes to further reduce feedback. I've also made the same style with f-holes and they are also very feedback resistant.

Are you making ones to sell?
  • BonesBones Moderator
    I could sell the one in the pictures or I also have I think 3 more done but 'in the white' (needing lacquer) that I could sell. I don't play electric anymore so I don't need them. They sound great but I'm just into the acoustic thing now and I don't even really have enough time to do that.

Send me a PM with your email if you think that you are interested and I'll send you some pictures, info, etc.