DjangoBooks.com

DFNW - Sharing Cabin?

PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 1,471
Hey all -

This is a really small chance, but in the event I can swing it, I hope to hit DFNW this September (bummed to miss DIJ this year, but we'll be more flush by late summer, and, um....Fapy. Fapy. Fapy....)

Housing is an issue - wouldn't want to drop $1K+ just for lodgings. It seems housing also fills up really quickly, from what Michael H. and others have said. I've never been, so don't really know the dynamics...anyone going, planning on renting a cabin, and still looking for people to share? Don't want to blow smoke, but if something like this is a possibility, that sweetens the possibility. Any thoughts appreciated.

Paul
-Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.

Comments

• PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    Paul - here's a link to lodging on Whidbey Island

http://www.whidbeycamanoislands.com/lod ... b3cd59d17a

as per my PM to you, there's usually someone looking for a an extra person to share a house with and hopefully they will contact you thru djangobooks. Michael or others may have a suggestion.
    cheers
    Phil
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Phil. I've seen this site, but no real sense whether one wants to stay as close to Langley as possible, or whether any place on the isle is within easy reach of the action. Appreciate your help, via the PM and here. Very outside chance, but we'll see. FAPY.
    -Paul

• PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    Hi Paul - I think it is best to stay as close to Langley as possible. As if walking isn't an issue, then all the action is within about 1 mile or less radius of Langley. Langley is a gorgeous, quaint small town, over looking the sound...very pleasant to stay in. Most years I've stayed within a 10min walk of Langley...which was great as could leave the cars at the house the entire time and just walk with guitar in hand to the action. WICA Theatre is within walking distance of downtown Langley also. One year we rented a house 7 miles away...it was a great house but it was a bit of a pain to drive home in the wee hours after late night jamming. You may also want to give the folks at WICA a call, see if they have any suggestions or know of a place...they're real friendly folk who'll be glad to help. I know of a few folk on this site who usually go and rent a place and who may yet chime in on this thread with a further suggestion. Maybe Fapy has a spare room! :D
    best
    Phil
    Great, thanks, Phil, that's good to know.
    -Paul

• dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    maybe get in touch with dwigpht deason from iowa, he sometimes looks for other people to split the lodging costs
    Thanks, Denis. Contacted him.

Paul
    -Paul