DjangoBooks.com

Tennis while at DiJ, anyone?

Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
Any Django Campers out there who might be up for a bit of tennis when our fingers get too sore to play the guitar anymore? if so, please contact me via PM...

I'm in my early sixties and play in a regular foursome with a bunch of fellas my age or older. I don't claim to be great, but as one of my buddies once said, "It's not about winning, it's about losing weight." And somehow tennis is one of the few forms of exercise I can tolerate...

Will

BTW, I've got some extra racquets around here I could bring so you wouldn't have to bring your own if you are flying in.
Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."

Comments

• PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Admirable, Will, good for you. The only exercise I recall from last DIJ was walking to Floor 2 of the dorm to crash. :lol:
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Who has time for tennis?
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Who has time for tennis?

Yup, that's pretty much the response I expected... sigh...

:roll:
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Will, my brotha, clearly no one has yet helped you understand what you're getting yourself into by attending one of these events. I think this photo is after Djangofest 2007, but really - the same carnage happens at DJiJ (if not more). I don't have an ultrasound of my liver after said event, but I'm sure it would tell a similar story. Essentially, in the day you play and learn. At night you play and drink. You sleep, you eat, you repeat, you hang out with a lot of really good people, a week goes by as though it were a day, and then you spend 358 days looking forward to the next one. That, in a nutshell, is the experience.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    That looks like a mighty severe case of "having a great time"...
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
    I envy you, MB. I just can't get away right now. Have a great time.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Bob Holo wrote:
    You sleep,
    You sleep? Really? When do you find the time for that?
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Bob Holo sleeps? So that's why he hasn't made more guitars! The nerve of the guy...

Bob, we just have to get you back to Django in June. It's been too many years since you were here. I still remember Robin playing that f-hole guitar. "Plays itself", he said.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
    Lol... yes I slept a little, gents. I tried keeping up with Josh & Thomas - couldn't quite. Probably now that Josh has had a couple children he's slowed enough to help me keep up with him. As for Thomas... man, he seems ageless. He still looks 22, but he's putting on some chops. Something in the Dutch water, no doubt.

It'd be fun. It's a goal to get back there.

As for you, Will - well... there are plenty of walls to hit a ball against. It's not tennis, but it will scratch your itch for the racquet sport if it arises.
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    As for you, Will - well... there are plenty of walls to hit a ball against. It's not tennis, but it will scratch your itch for the racquet sport if it arises.

Thank you, Bob, and sorry to hear that we won't be seeing you this year with yet another of your legendary guitars. :wink: