DjangoBooks.com

Philippe Nedjar

CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
edited September 2013 in History Posts: 557
I was listening to Shadow of your smile, the 03 return of Philippe Nedjar today after not listening to it for way too long of a period, and was wondering what that cat was up to these days? Does anyone know if he is still playing did he go back to what he was doing before Shadow of your smile came out? (Wasn't he running the family Furniture business?) The guy is a really fantastic player, but doesn't have much of a web presence. I remember when Shadow came out he played Samois that year and I haven't heard much since. I was afraid he had passed, but looking at his bio on Djangostation I don't see a mention of it, but my french isn't awesome either. Anyone else checked him out recently?
Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.

Comments

• CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    I guess since no one knows anything recent, I'll use this to say check out shadow of your smile! Its a great record that I am pretty sure you can get from Michael. its a great testament to how forward this music can be and how compatible it is to modern Jazz(not that I guess that is controversial). Its not your typical boom chick record, but man is it good.
  • MitchMitch Paris, Jazz manouche's capital city!✭✭✭✭ Di Mauro, Lebreton, Castelluccia, Patenotte, Gallato
    He made his come-back with this record and then disappeared right away!

No news since then...

I was at the concert for the album released in Paris, in a small club.
    It was great, he made the best rendition of "Improvisation n°1" I've ever heard...
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    Thanks for the info guys. We need to get dude some beta blockers. His playing is really fantastic.