DjangoBooks.com

Basily?

PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
edited August 2013 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 1,471
I'm of a Dutch thing, it seems. Enjoyed all of these: gotten some more Paulus (his debut), Rosenberg Van Mullem's Obsession, and, having spent so much time among those Rosenberg fellas, some fair amount of time listening and re-listening to DePiotto's, and more recently, every album put out by Pigalle44 (My Room....WOW....get it), I'm wanting to follow Martin Limberger's work through time. I have two of the aforementioned DePiotto's, Tchavolo's Loutcha, and Basily's Antara, as well as Live in Aijen.

Seems getting Basily's music can be difficult. Anyone have any leads on where/how to get their other albums?
-Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.

Comments

• pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    edited August 2013 Posts: 936
    Hey Paul,

That's a big family, not sure who exactly who you want but spotify & Rhapsody both have Basilyboys "Gipsy Swing"

enjoy and pick on :)

pickitjohn
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Hey Picket, sorry, yeah I should have specified. Not Basily Boys, but Basily Gipsy Band, with Popy Basily. Thanks, though.
    -Paul

• pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    I found Gipsy Jazz Memories on spotify:

It's also on Amazon for $57.31 when they have it. (not right now)
    or used now for $139.12

I think Spotify is real good for $10.00 a month they do have quite a bit of Gypsy Jazz

pick on brother

pickitjohn

Do you know if the Basilyboys are in Popy Basily's family?
    Thanks, man. Sorry, I can be a cadet - was it you, talking about Spotify a bit back? I'm going to check it out. I spend a lot of time in my BR/studio (to my wife's chagrin), and want something besides my CD list to play while working.
    -Paul

Hey Paul,

In your iPod nexus thread Buco talked about it.
    There's some good stuff there. I've had it about 6 months.
    One of the features is you can make some playlist and
    Play it when you don't have WiFi.

You can also use it on your new Nexus. How is that going for you BTW?
    Not sure what kind of phone you have but it works on smart phones.

pick on my friend

Pickitjohn
    Buco, sorry, man, and thanks, Pickit.

You won't believe it. But I loved the Nexus.

....and returned it. I find I'm watching too much, and listening too little. So I think I'm on the hunt for a Walkman to upgrade from my current, lowly 16GB E Series. Preferably, one with more memory, no bells and whistles, and dockable to the Sony Dock Station.
    -Paul