DjangoBooks.com

Les Fils du Vent (Tchavolo Schmitt, Angelo Debarre, Moreno)

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    My favorite quote from this film is from Ninine Garcia commenting on Django's music:

"When he plays, I hear what he is saying."

And my least favorite are the numerous scenes of Angelo messing around with his portable gas generator. :D

• bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4

And my least favorite are the numerous scenes of Angelo messing around with his portable gas generator. :D

I agree - It makes me a little nervous seeing one of our heroes near a gas generator with a lit cigarette. One wrong move and "The Scientist" has a flashback to 1928!
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    well if u think that's bad, u don't wanna know the story of a gypsy guitarist whose tooth broke and who tried to stick it back with crazy glue.. no joke.... he got sick .... obviously

or the guitarist whose stimer didn't fit his guitar, so he took a hammer and smashed it to make it thinner.. he managed to fit it, but it no logner worked...
  • Charles MeadowsCharles Meadows WV✭✭✭ ALD Original, Dupont MD50
    I actually liked the more serious parts, mostly Ninine and Angelo, addressing the struggles the Manouche seem to face from day to day. Like ID cards, water, caravan life, etc. I had no idea so many of these guys still lived in trailers - by choice. I wonder where Angelo keeps all those great guitars he has.
  • swing68swing68 Poznan, Poland✭✭✭ Manouche Modele Orchestre, JWC Catania Swing
    My copy arrived in the post this morning. Hooray!

Go easy on the spoilers, guys :wink:
    The war on Am7 and Cmaj7 begins here ...
  • andoatagnandoatagn Northampton, MAProdigy
    Can anyone tell me if this film comes with English subtitles? Thanks!
    ~Andrew
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    andoatagn wrote:
    Can anyone tell me if this film comes with English subtitles? Thanks!
    ~Andrew

Andrew, it does. Love this film.

This is no lie - life is weird. First true autumn evening we've had, wife and I just came in from the back yard, a bit of wind, and we were just talking about this film. AND DIJ, we're talking plans for this summer as our son goes to Aberdeen for 10 days, to sing as part of an int'l youth festival, and I was talking about DIJ, Rino, what an experience it is, all the superlatives! Something must be lining up!
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • andoatagnandoatagn Northampton, MAProdigy
    Thanks Paul...you know, we do a film every year over in Amherst during Django in June...so this one would make an obvious choice is we can get the rights, etc.
    Cheers,
    ~Andrew
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    andoatagn wrote:
    Thanks Paul...you know, we do a film every year over in Amherst during Django in June...so this one would make an obvious choice is we can get the rights, etc.
    Cheers,
    ~Andrew

Oh, that would be great, Andrew....fingers crossed!
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.