DjangoBooks.com

Nashville area jam buddies

scadsscads New
edited October 2013 in North America Posts: 2
Hey...I'm a intermediate violin player who is exploring Gypsy jazz and am looking to get together with some guitar players and have some fun...anyone up for it!

Thanks

Comments

• AApollo02AApollo02
    Hey, I am in Nashville and I am a veteran guitar player but have just started dabbling into playing Gypsy Jazz on guitar. I'd be down to get together at some point to jam.
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Hi & welcome to the forum, hope your meet up and playing sparks your Gypsy Fires.

hey @AApollo02 if your close to Gruhn Guitars you may like to stop in and check out the two Gypsy Jazz guitars mentioned in this previous post...

http://www.djangobooks.com/forum/discussion/12689/anything-django-to-see-in-nashville-or-dallas#latest

I'd love to hear what you think of them. I wish I could play them both for myself.

pick on

pickitjohn
  • AApollo02AApollo02
    @pickitjohn I have been meaning to stop in and check them out. They are gorgeous instruments and I would love to see them in person. Thanks for posting that!
  • hooliganhooligan
    Hey Man,

You should check out the Fiddle and Pick in Pegram, TN. It's something like fifteen minutes outside of Nashville. They've got some really great players over there and they do a gypsy jazz jam twice a month. I live in Jackson so I dont really make it out there much. Just go to their website for details. I think they play the second and fourth thursday of every month or something like that. And actually if you think you've got enough chops to play for a couple of hours, I play at the Artwalk in Franklin, TN every first friday of the month (as long as the weather is good). Just message me and I'll give you some details.
  • AApollo02AApollo02
    @hooligan
    I appreciate the info on that a lot! I don't know that I would feel confident at this point to play in Franklin for a couple hours but I will definitely make my way down for the art walk once the weather gets better to check it out. Once again though, thanks for the info on the Gypsy Jazz Jam!