DjangoBooks.com

Argies are round core

Visual hi mag inspection does confirm that argies are still round core.....except at the tip where best I can tell they are tweaked between some rollers....anyway flat spots for a few inches then round.
The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed

Comments

• Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Thanks for confirming, Jay!
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Jazzaferri wrote:
    Visual hi mag inspection does confirm that argies are still round core.....except at the tip where best I can tell they are tweaked between some rollers....anyway flat spots for a few inches then round.

hmmm.... Cool. It might explain why they seem to be more consistent out of the pack these days without sacrificing their silky feel.

Thanks for checking!

As Darth Vader would say:

.... "Impressive"
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • Michael...Bob...do you have any idea how tedious unwinding a string is by hand :shock: :lol:

I was happy to see that they are still round core.

I was disappointed that the tension on the Newtones was so high. They are great round core strings. Probably better sound than the Argies but one would need a pretty substantial top and bracing setup.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed