DjangoBooks.com

roland gagel guitars

aah umaah um New
edited October 2013 in FAQ Posts: 6
is anyone playing these? i have tracked down a preloved one for 900 euros, retail 3500. D hole birdseye maple. seems too good to be true. there is no mention of these guitars in any of the threads and unfortunately i cannot try the instrument out before purchasing but the sound has been described as 'wet' and 'very loud'.

http://www.instrumentenbau-gagel.de/Gig ... %20en.html

Comments

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    Proceed with caution, wet is not a sound you want in a gypsy jazz guitar. "Wetness" generally suggests unwanted harmonic overtones. I have purchased many guitars in my day, but in every case but one, examined and played the guitar beforehand. Without an agent like Michael Horowitz to inspect your guitar and offer a return policy, I would be quite hesitant to purchase. As Wim says (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12356&p=66648#p66648) Castelluccia are great guitars at around $1500 euros in Paris. In Spain, try Geronimo Mateos for between 1500-2000 (?) Euros.