DjangoBooks.com

GJ cedar tops and "New School"?

13»

Comments

• kevingcoxkevingcox Nova Scotia✭✭✭✭ Dupont MD50
    Okay, I just used those new clicky things to "respond" to your post, Bob, but I am too old to feel like that is sufficient... what lovely and enlightening comments. Thank you!
  • teletoddteletodd Strongsville Ohio Huttle jazz
    I once played a Tacoma Amazon Little Jumbo that had a 3000 year old cedar top. I like spruce better, Cedar is overrated.
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    edited April 2015 Posts: 1,379
    I think here's a good reference for the difference between Cedar and Spruce.
    Adrien and Gonzalo are both playing Olivier Marin guitars.
    One is Gonzalo's Cedar top with Walnut back/sides the other's an Spruce top Maple back and sides.
    Adrien plays the Spruce top on Belleville and the Cedar on All the things you are.

The back and sides obviously affect the tone as well but by a very small percentage ( I have a Maple/ Cedar Marin and it sounds a lot more like Gonzalo's guitar)

They both played Cedar/Walnut Marins on their album Clásico
    Double Post
    Somehow my comment above doesn't appear in the recent posts and I double posted, please delete this one and the doubled one
    Triple post because it still doesn't show up in latest post... Please delete the extras. Posting in a new thread now