DjangoBooks.com

What to buy as my first selmer?

2»

Comments

• MandobartMandobart ✭✭ Mandolin, Octave Mandolin, Mandocello, Fiddles
    edited December 2013 Posts: 100
    Anyone know anything about the Paris Swing (also a Saga brand, I believe) or the French made CAFÉ AMÉRICAIN? I see these on ebay a bit.
  • Jeff MooreJeff Moore Minneapolis✭✭✭✭ Lebreton 2
    Matt, glad your thinking bout humidity.
    Whatever guitar you choose, you'll want to protect from the dry climate. Get a humidistat. They're $8 bucks here @ Ace Hdwe. I've never used the guitar case humidifiers as I leave my guitar out to play. I use a small room humidifier in a small room. I'm in Minnesota and winter dry heating requires daily monitoring and addition of water to the humidifier. No big deal.
    Keep it near 45% relative humidity. It can swing both ways 10 - 15% for a day or a couple of days, but keep an average near 45.
    Letting the climate and your furnace have its way with any guitar will cause changes you won't appreciate.
    Good luck finding the guitar. Your in pretty good hands here.
    "We need a radical redistribution of wealth and power" MLK
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    edited December 2013 Posts: 936
    Hey Bart,

@Mandobart
    Anyone know anything about the Paris Swing (also a Saga brand, I believe) or the French made CAFÉ AMÉRICAIN? I see these on ebay a bit.

Paris Swing Gypsy Jazz Guitars

Built on the platform of the original Selmer-style instruments, and assembled in the same carved workshop as the best-selling Loar and Recording King guitars

Haven't ever played one there are many old post to fill in the gaps if you SEARCH. :peace:

CAFÉ AMÉRICAIN/u]

Several post in old search stuff don't know anything myself

I do recommend the Altamira stuff. My M01D is great

pick on

pickitjohn
  • anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
    A friend of mine purchased a paris swing guitar. There okay. Not great, not bad. Depending on your taste, it is roughly equal or better to a DG 250.
    All things considered, it's still the player not the guitar.

Anthony