DjangoBooks.com

Anybody working on Rino van H's mini lesson?

Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
Let me begin by saying again THANK YOU!!!!!! Dennis Chang for putting this together for us... and thanks to Rino of course! I'm very happy, because this is EXACTLY what I was hoping for after falling in love with Rino's playing at DiJ.

I've just had a chance to get started on his arrangement of "All of Me" and some of the licks were familiar to me from Rino's workshops at DiJ, but I was/am knocked out by bars 17-18, where he uses what I'm going to call a criss-cross arp...instead of the usual up-one-side-down-the-other, he goes down a little, then back up a little, then down again, up again, etc. it really sparkles! and almost reminds me of a bluegrass banjo.

This was new to me, was it to you?

and needless to say, I plan to work on using this approach on all my arps.

Will
Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."

Comments

• pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Hey Will, I must of missed a post or something.
    Was the course part of the Indy campaign or a whole seperate DC school product?

Thanks pickitjohn
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    edited January 2014 Posts: 1,854
    it was part of the indigogo project, John. But I hope there is some way it could be offered for sale here, assuming Michael, Dennis and Rino are up for it....gentlemen?

it's just a half hour video of Rino answering a few questions and playing short versions of "All of Me" "Dark Eyes" and "Minor Swing", which Dennis has provided tabs for.

OK, maybe not a big deal for everybody here, but for us Rino fans--- Hallelujah!
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Will, I don't know anything about that stuff it was not part of whatever the entry level, I think $25.00 people got.
    The album and video's he posted were great.

pick on

pickitjohn